Wednesday 17 November 2010

Weds 17th November 2010

Hello Friends of Jerry

Sadly Jerry lost his brave fight against cancer and died peacefully and pain free and aware of his surroundings this morning at 1.35am GMT. He deteriorated quickly during Tuesday and that evening was surrounded by love. Through the strength of your support and messages I know that he finally realised how much he was loved and appreciated by all his friends. He spoke about it on Monday.

The response to this blog has been incredible and inspirational. The outpouring of love towards Jerry made a huge difference to him and those of us who looked after him. He has touched and influenced so many lives in so many ways. He truly did have a great life.

He has chosen to be buried in a lovely ancient wildlife cemetery in York. I will post details later. The funeral will not be until after Monday 29th November.

With love and thanks
Anne Lloyd



3 comments:

  1. You have been an inspiration in your loving care of Jerry. That was a great comfort to me and I'm sure all of us who loved Jerry. I'm glad he could go out surrounded by love. He will always live in my heart. I know that my grief is but a dim shadow of what you must feel after seeing him everyday for so many years. My heart goes out to your

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I dont speak english very well. We are the colombian friends of Jerry, Henry and Maria. We live in Montpellier, but the last days we have been in Spain, and we just arrive. We are very sad because it was impossible to us talk with Jerry before he leave us. He was a nice man,and a really good friend. We loved him very much and we are deeply sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anne, It has helped all of us who love Jerry to know that you have been there taking care of him and at the same time keeping us in touch with everything that was happening. Thank you so much.Today our thoughts are of you. love, Diana

    ReplyDelete